Navigating through an evolving digital marketing environment can be challenging. With new tools and platforms constantly breaching the surface, it’s hard to keep up and determine what to jump in on. In trying hard to make sure you’re not missing out on the next big thing, it’s often easy to underestimate the power of more traditional marketing strategy tactics, such as email marketing and blogging, and favor those on the rise, like the ever-changing world of social media.
But, put these things together, and you’ve got a golden combination to help take your message and content farther than your shot using one platform at a time.
START WITH A BLOG
A company blog is easily one of the most cost-effective and impactful ways to reach your audience. In fact, 79% of B2B companies and 70% of B2C companies are using blogs for this reason. Creating regular blog content allows you to become an expert in your field by informing and educating your audience, all while bolstering targeted keywords aiding in SEO.
Start by creating meaningful content your readers will enjoy. Think industry trends, news and announcements, local happenings, seasonal promos and insights, and a breakdown of answers to questions you regularly receive. Choose a frequency that works best with your goals and capabilities, whether daily, weekly or monthly, then stick to a consistent schedule.
How to connect your blog:
- Once your blog is published, don’t forget to make sure your readers have an easy way to share your post on social media. Place sharing icons on your blog post pages for quick access to their own social media sharing feeds!
- Include your blog posts in a regularly scheduled newsletter. Marketing no longer thrives on a one-way street – engagement is key. So spread your blog post reach by including a quick overview of your post and a link to read the full article on your blog.
- Share your post on your social media pages. That one-way street we mentioned? It’s become a two-way thanks to social media. This is where communication now flows, giving your readers the ability to react, share and provide feedback about the content you’re putting out.
ASSEMBLE A NEWSLETTER
You may or may not have a regular company newsletter set up, but we definitely feel that this is low hanging fruit in most cases, especially if you’ve already incorporated blogging into your marketing strategy. Your newsletter is a direct touchpoint with your email subscriber, allowing you to stay top of mind in their heads and in their inboxes providing new and relevant info.
If you’ve already got a newsletter with company info going out, start to work in a section dedicated to your blogs. Include a quick sentence or two, an image and a link to guide readers to your blog page for more. If a newsletter isn’t already a part of your marketing routine, compile your most recent few blogs into one newsletter a month to make sure you’re making use of that communication opportunity with both current customers and future prospects.
How to connect your newsletter:
- Add a newsletter signup box to your blog post pages. This can be a subtle call-to-action at the bottom of the page, or set this up a pop up for the user to enter in once they land on your blog in order to stay up to date with your latest posts.
- Encourage your followers on social media to sign up for updates as well. If driving an audience to sign up for your newsletter to stay in touch is a main goal of yours, make use of those call-to-action buttons on Facebook by adjusting your text and links.
- Include “Forward to a Friend” messaging within your newsletter. Offer your reader the chance to share the info you’re sending out with colleagues and friends they think may enjoy, too!
SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Creating long-form content through blogs is an extremely cost-effective and impactful way to reach your audience. By sharing your knowledge on a particular topic and writing from your point of view, you’re creating relevant value-added content your readers will find helpful and interesting. While sharing your posts directly through newsletter updates does expand your reach, it would be unwise to maximize that reach by the use of social media.
Consumers today want the ability to engage with the brands they love and follow. Sharing the content you create on social media is an easy way to expand this influence and offer an easy way for your followers to push your message even further to their followers. One like, comment or share automatically increases the eyes landing on you and your brand.
How to connect your social media:
- Each time a new blog post is published, make it a part of your routine to share this post on your social media channels. Choose the right social media channels for your business and make sure you’re publishing your new content in these spaces. Find new ways to repurpose older content in new ways, with different messages and “hooks” based on who you’re speaking to in that particular channel.
- Provide an easy way for your newsletter and blog readers to connect with you on your social media networks. Place social media icons and links on both your blog pages and newsletter templates with an encouraging “Connect with Us” or “Follow Us” message.
Need help getting started? Let us help guide you!